Installation example for mastic asphalt with surface sealing
BUPROFILE watertight VA.8.95/52 F with long foil
1. Prepare the substrate (clean and prime). Apply smooth coat for height compensation (e.g. PCC mortar).
2. press the joint profile into the fresh smooth coat and level it. Remove overflowing mortar and ramp the mortar to the sides.
3. After the smooth coat has hardened, the profile is dowelled using approved fastening anchors at a distance of approx. 300 mm. After dowelling, remove the stainless steel cover caps and spacers.
4. insert the Wolfin IB waterproofing membrane and the expansion insert and grout using stainless steel cover caps and M8 countersunk screws at 150 mm intervals.
5. Apply primer (e.g. cold bitumen or epoxy resin) over a width of approx. 500 mm on both sides of the joint profile. Apply the bottom layer of welding membrane according to ZTV-BEL-B 1 to the raw ceiling prepared with primer and to the profile legs using the fold-over method (welding membrane width approx. 330 mm). Caution: Avoid heat build-up and permanently open flame on Wolfin IB sealing membrane - risk of burns!
6. Check the Wolfin IB sealing membrane protruding from the joint profile for contamination, clean with Wolfin cleaner if necessary. Glue the Wolfin IB waterproofing membrane over the entire surface (no hollow layers) with hot bitumen (elastomer-modified bitumen SBS) onto the bottom layer of the welding membrane.
7. Apply elastomer modified bitumen SBS on top of the Wolfin IB waterproofing membrane. Apply the top layer of sealing membrane (PYE PV 200 SS) as a cover layer up to the lower edge of the clamping strip by folding it over the Wolfin membrane (sealing membrane width approx. 500 mm). Caution: Avoid heat build-up and permanent open flame on the Wolfin IB sealing membrane - risk of burns!
8. Before asphalting, set down the joint profile on both sides and fill the resulting grouting joint with hot bitumen (alternatively, fill the grouting joint with bitumen melting tape).